Participants are required to make their own travel arrangements. However, basic information on how to reach Ljubljana is provided below.
The country’s main “Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport” (Ljubljana Airport) is located 26 kilometres from the city, 25 minutes away by car. Slovenia’s national carrier Adria Airways, a regional partner of Star Alliance, offers regular flights to most major European cities (Amsterdam, Barcelona, Frankfurt, London, Munich, Skopje, Vienna, Zurich…). The airport is served by additional carriers: Air Serbia, Air France, Montenegro Airlines, Finnair, Turkish Airlines, and also two low-fare carriers EasyJet and Wizz Air which fly to London and Brussels.
From Ljubljana Airport to Ljubljana:
- Public bus operates the line Airport-Ljubljana bus station and runs about every hour. The journey takes 45 minutes, the cost is around 4 Euros and you buy your tickets directly from the driver.
- Taxis from the airport cost about 35 EUR.
- Shuttles cost about 9 EUR.
- Find more information on transportation from the airport to the city.
- Klagenfurt (Austria) - 90 km from Ljubljana (travel time 1h)
- Trieste/Ronchi (Italy) - 120 km from Ljubljana (travel time 1,5h)
- Zagreb (Croatia) - 150km from Ljubljana (travel time 2h)
- Graz (Austria) - 200 km from Ljubljana (travel time 2,5h)
- Venice/Marco Polo (Italy) - 230 km from Ljubljana (travel time 3h)
Ljubljana is an important railroad junction and can be reached by trains from all major European cities. The railway station is within walking distance of the city centre. Slovenia is well connected also by rail with neighbouring countries and is also a part of Eurail Global Pass. For more information click here.
Ljubljana is well connected to neighbouring cities with a bus network. More information can be found at Ljubljana Bus Station web site.
Travelling by car you can get the latest traffic updates on Slovenian roads here. Driving on motorways in Slovenia requires a valid vignette, or drivers face heavy fines. Vignettes are sold at petrol stations in Slovenia and neighbouring countries and at branches of the national and foreign automobile clubs, at post offices and at some kiosks. To help plan your journey, we advise you to visit ViaMichelin or Google Maps.